The Mystic Valley Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) was created as part of a much larger program conceived by the Office of the Surgeon General to improve our nation's public health infrastructure. Serving the communities of Medford, Malden, Melrose, Stoneham, and Wakefield, the Mystic Valley MRC partners with other local law enforcement, public health, and public safety agencies to prepare our communities for natural disasters, man-made emergencies, and outbreaks of infectious illness.
In the event of a public health or medical emergency, our growing corps of clinical and non-clinical volunteers could be called upon to:
- Administer vaccines or medications to people at risk for becoming ill
- Provide logistical support
- Ensure smooth clinic operations
- Assist with patient support
- Provide essential communication and support
Important: Information and training sessions are ongoing. Click here and scroll down to Upcoming Events for the dates of upcoming sessions.